Stables and Carriage Room
The Stables and Carriage Room
The stables of the Chateau, whose restoration has been completed, date back to the creation of the buildings for the Duchess of Charost between 1815 and 1825. The wall lighting was probably added in the forties by Emilio Terry under the direction of Charles de Beistegui. During the war, the stables were home to a horse pulling a carriage to escort guests to the station. From a contemporary document, we can see a guest milking a cow, which shows that the stables perform a valuable role in providing fresh milk to the entire household.
The stables of the horses have just been completely redone, like the upholstery that Beistegui had so beautifully decorated in the grooms apartment on the first floor.